Tuesday 3 April 2012

New

The very first post of my new blog; how very exciting. If you are reading it then be prepared for countless posts about current news, my experiences and general interest in and about medicine.

Being only 14 it can be hard to be taken seriously when I declare that I want to study medicine. "Keep dreaming" and *cue cockney accent* "young hope, she doesn't know a thing yet"  are all phrases that future medical hopefuls have continually hear, this does, however, not mean that I will give up in my quest to become a someone who can say that they increase quality of life and strive to help others; you may be thinking that I am very naive, but I assure you that I am well aware of the life of endless paperwork, constantly having to place government regulations in front of patient care and the constant irritation of your superiors questioning your ever move and demeaning your very existence.

Yet knowing all of this I still want to go into this field with the hope and determination that I will be the exact opposite of those capital, self-centred and uncompassionate people that carry the title of dr’s.
Hope is the word.

Within this blog I will share my opinion on what is happening in the world of health and medicine, my experiences and thoughts on day-to-day life.
Enjoy, and don't hesitate to comment as you please.
Yrina
PS. Please note that I am one of the most opinionated person on this planet, I try to not let this seep through into my day-to-day life but I often look back with regrets of what I have done/said. Over time I will phase it out (before I turn 18) but I still have 4 years to go. So please bear with! 

No comments:

Post a Comment